Friday 27 November 2015

Picturesque city of Tampere

Lady Nancy from Retro Electric mentioned in a comment, that I should show more photos of the aesthetic sides of my hometown. I live in Tampere, Finland, the population is about 300 000 and it is the largest inland city in the Nordic countries (Finland, Sweden, Norway, and Iceland). Tampere is an old manufacturing town and sometimes people call it the Manchester of Finland.
These two photos are from the older area of the city center of Tampere.
The houses next door to my flat. Unfortunately the building I live in is not this photogenic.
The eastern orthodox church. I walk past it every time I go to the university. Slightly off-topic: I have made progress with my master's thesis and things are looking good!
I would probably kill for getting to live in that green house, preferably in the tower.
This red and white building is a theater. In the upper window you can just see the huge chandelier they have.
A couple of days ago we had our first snow. Alas, it did not stay long but it made everything much prettier. The city of Tampere is divided by a river. It is beautiful with a park area on both sides.

The final photo is from the old factory, which nowadays has a shopping center, bars and bistros, museums and other facilities for culture, and a cinema.
Thanks for reading, and I hope you liked the photos!

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely looking city, and well done with your masters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these. I always like seeing where people are from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is nice too, I loved that post where you showed the tarot reader places you've encountered in NYC. :D

      Delete
  3. Yes, very photogenic indeed! Thanks for sharing!

    Also glad your thesis is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful city! So early winter landscapes / cities actually can look nice! Maybe the only reason why I don't like winter is because it is right after autumn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most goths tend to be Autumn people, but I think there is something serene and beautiful in the hibernating nature too. :)

      Delete
  5. I love the photos, and the snow just makes everything look even better! I also love Tampere cause it's the home of one of my fave bands ever-Negative! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a lovely city, Jade ... lots of beautiful old buildings. 300,000 is a good size too - not too big yet. Glad to hear your thesis is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete